Please note that my climbing blog has moved to / Mein Kletter-Blog ist jetzt hier:
sabrinaclimbs.blogspot.com

Current Time / Aktuelle Uhrzeit in Seattle

Weather / Wetter

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another day, another hat / Jeden Tag eine neue Mütze

After a cold day of skiing at Stevens Pass on Friday, I spent Saturday and today knitting again.  I finished another hat for Steve - his design: charcoal grey with red stripes. Dashing, don't you think?
Nach einem kalten Tag am Stevens Pass zum Skifahren am Freitag, habe ich am Samstag und heute den Tag wieder mit Stricken verbracht. Ich habe eine zweite Mütze nach Steve's Design fertiggestellt. Sieht flott aus, oder?


We were invited to a lovely gathering at John and Wendy's house on Saturday evening. They served lentil soup and we played a round of Yahtzee with them, Melanie, little Esme, pregnant Zerah, and Sean. And Steve, the Farkle-King, cleaned our clocks with 3 Yahtzees and 443 points! Dang!
Am Samstag waren wir bei John und Wendy zum Essen eingeladen. Sie haben Linsensuppe gemacht und wir haben mit ihnen, Melanie, der kleinen Esme, der schwangeren Zerah, und Sean Yahtzee gespielt. Und Steve, der Farkle-König, hat uns abgezockt und mit 3 Yahtzees und 443 Punkten gewonnen! Sowas!

I continued knitting on my Pipi Langstrumpf stockings, making great progress.
Ich habe dann weiter an meinen Pipi Langstrumpf Socken gestrickt und bin gut vorangekommen.

The stocking got to a size big enough to try it on. But as I suspected, it was too big. I may have big calves, but they are not shaped like that! So I decided to ripp everything back and start anew with new, tighter measurements. I am using the Arachne Sock Calculator for this pattern, which lets you customize the pattern to the exact measurement of your legs. The Knitting Fiend recommends to deduct 10% from the circumference measurements to get tight-fitting socks, which is what I want. Who wants droopy Pipi strockings? So I measured tighter and subtracted 10%...let's hope they won't come out too tight now!
Die Strümpfe waren dann gross genug, dass ich sie anprobieren konnte. Aber wie ich es mir gedacht habe, sie sind zu gross geraten. Ich habe zwar kräftige Waden, aber so geformt sind sie nun auch wieder nicht! Daher habe ich mich entschieden, sie wieder aufzutrennen and neu anzufangen mit neuen, engeren Massen. I benutze den Arachne Sock Calculator für das Strickmuster, mit dem man die Strümpfe genau auf seine Masse anpassen kann. Die Knitting Fiend empfiehlt, 10% von den Massen abzuziehen, um eng-passende Strümpfe zu erhalten, was ich ja will. Wer will schon schlappe Pipi Strümpfe? Daher habe ich nochmal enger gemessen und 10% abgezogen...hoffentlich werden die Strümpfe jetzt nicht zu eng!

Today was a beautiful spring-like sunny day in Seattle. I walked up to my local yarn store, the Fiber Gallery, and bought smaller needles (tiny toothpick-like US#1s!) for the ribbing on the stockings. Later, I met up with Wendy for some social knitting at the Greenlake Zoka's Coffee Roaster and Tea Company. They gave me a discount on my coffee for wearing a KEXP T-shirt (shown here with me wearing my dorky row counter). Awesome!
Heute war es wunderschön frühlingshaft und sonnig in Seattle. Ich bin zu meinem Strickladen um die Ecke, the Fiber Gallery, gegangen und habe dünnere Stricknadeln gekauft (dünne, zahnstocherartige US Nummer 1!), um das Bündchen an den Strümpfen zu stricken. Später bin ich dann mit Wendy zum Kaffeetrinken und Stricken zu der Greenlake Zoka's Coffee Roaster and Tea Company gegangen. Dort habe sie mir einen Preisnachlass auf meinen Kaffee gegeben, da ich ein KEXP T-Shirt anhatte (auf dem Bild mit meinem idiotischen Reihenzähler). Super!


I restarted the stockings and continued knitting at home, where I have made decent progress with the help of my trusted assistant and lap warmer.
Ich habe dort die Strümpfe neu angefangen und habe daheim weitergestrickt. Ich habe gute Fortschritte gemacht mit Hilfe meines bewährten Assistenten und Schosswärmers.

2 comments:

  1. Zerah7:44 AM

    Wow, that's a lot of knitting! Cool projects. If you're looking for another project in the near future and are willing to sell your wares, I'd like to commission you to knit a pair of wool longies: http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/organicwool/newbornpantspattern/Tiny%20Birds%20Newborn.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zerah, it would be my pleasure! If you haven't gotten the gist of my blog yet, I am addicted and need more projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete